sábado, 12 de febrero de 2011

POPSY, MY BEAUTIFUL PLANT!

Our unit of inquiry was about the perpetuation of species, life cycles, reproduction and changes. To reproduce is to create a new life; we made an experiment where we reproduce because we make a new life.

On January 14th Angie told us to bring a plastic container, I had no idea what we were going to do until she said to bring also a seed, so I understand we were going to plant that seed. I plant a lentil because they grow fast and good and I called it Popsy.

Today it has grown a lot it’s very big, tall and healthy. Every morning I spread water on it, and I recorded in Popsy’s diary all Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The first four days I was getting sad because Popsy didn’t grow, but the next week I saw a little new leaf growing.

Plants grow if you give it water and sunlight and if someone takes care of it and give it love. I think my plant grows because I always in the morning or sometimes in the afternoon, I gave it water, sometimes I let it have sunlight and I always take care of it.

This activity helps me to understand the importance of new a life. A new life is a very big responsibility. Most of the days Popsy grows about 5 millimeters or 1 centimeter tall; now it is about 13.5 cm tall. And also its steam is very stronger every day.

On the other hand, we are helping the world because, although it is not the bigger plant, it is a plant that absorbs the carbon dioxin and give us oxygen to live better. To plant a seed is just a little action, but can you imagine what we could do if everyone in all the world plants a seed; the world would have more oxygen and humans and living beings would breathe better!

This is just a little action to save the planet; there are other small actions to use properly the water don’t throw garbage, don’t use sprays, use the light properly, reduce, reuse and recycle.

BY: Laura Alvarado

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario